Saturday, September 6, 2008

Florida, here we come!



You guessed it! Brent got a job doing research on the Air Force base in Panama City, Florida. We're leaving in just under a month, so are we ever busy packing and making preparations. This is the last place we ever would have thought of going, but we are so excited. The job is temporary--the contract is just for a year, but with the option of renewing after a year, and maybe even more permanent possibilities after the two years. We shall see.

7 comments:

caalaina said...

I am so excited for all of you! Congrats on the job Brent. I have done a little research and it looks like a great family town.- and right o the gulf. BEACH !!! I love it! I told Brent I will be shipping a huge package of clothes that you can pack in before your move.

Shalae said...

That is exciting! I'm sure you guys are finally ready to be done with the whole student life. What a better way to celebrate than to move to the beach! I bet you guys won't miss those Utah winters either! :)

Brent and Janae Pickett said...

I may miss Utah/Idaho winters, but Janae surely won't.

P.S. Florida boasts to be the most rainy state in the nation. Janae thinks she's excited about that.

Natalie Pyles said...

Hi guys! I stumbled on to your blog. How is the ward? We really do miss everyone. We are so excited for you. Good luck!

love,
jas, nata and davy pyles

natapyles.blogspot
davypyles.blogspot
jasonsmoviereviews.blogspot

Suzanne said...

I'm really excited for your family, but are we ever going to miss you! You've been a great friend over the past two years, Janae. I've really appreciated having someone to experience being a new mom, pregnancy, having two kids, etc. with, and I love the friendship that's developed between Olivia and Adriana. I'm glad that we'll be able to read about how you're doing on your blog, and we'll think about you every time Adriana plays with her stuffed dog that she named after Olivia...:) Congrats on the new job!

TALON said...

Oh panama!! I miss that place. Everyone will have to come visit you seems the beach is right next door to you. Good luck to you guys!! If you ever get bored and want something to do, you can go to Fort Rucker, Alabama, and check out the helicopter base. That is were we lived for 2 yrs.
Amber
(Brent's cousin)

jjp said...

So... How are the bugs?

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones