Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The 25 Day Campout

So, we had our house packed up and shipped out on September 27 from Provo. We arrived in Panama City Thursday October 2, moved into our apartment October 3rd, were told our items from home would be there around October 3-7th. They didn't come. Instead, they told us they would come beween October 15-18th. They told us October 15th they would be here between the 19th through the 21st--STILL haven't come. In the meantime, we have become experts at eating on paper plates, using plastic utensils, sleeping on blowup mattresses, sitting on the floor Korean style without our couch, watching movies on our mini DVD player, and wearing the same old clothes for the last three and a half weeks. Thank goodness we purchased a washer and dryer right away or we'd really be in trouble. Sorry we haven't posted any pictures--when we get our computer with our moving stuff they will be forthcoming.

4 comments:

Shalae said...

That seriously is not even funny anymore! Let's just hope it doesn't take until Christmas until you DO get your stuff. I'm looking forward to pictures! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That's terrible! I was starting to wonder if you guys made it there safely! I'm glad you did! I'm sorry about all your things still missing! These people are worse than the air port! I'm sorry! I hope everything comes soon! :) I can't wait for pictures either! :)

Suzanne said...

Yikes, what a long, drawn out move! I'm glad you arrived in Florida safely, and it sounds like you're making the best of things. We miss you! What is your new address? I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing when you're finally able to get fully moved in and all the way settled. Good luck with everything!

caalaina said...

I hope they gave you some money back!. That is not good service. I am glad it all arrived. Pictures please.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones