Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Encounters of the creepy kind


Florida's a great place to live--one of my few complaints is the bugs. I knew before I came here that there would be lots of bugs, but I didn't fully grasp that I would see them so often, even in our house. I discovered after the first month or so in our apartment that I really don't like palmetto bugs (I think they're a type of cockroach). In fact, they scare me. They're big and wiggly and disgustng. While Brent was in Baltimore a few weeks ago, I even had to resort to having the neighbor kill one for me because I was too creeped out to do it myself. Another one appeared while Brent was gone that jumped out from behind the computer while I was typing. Aaahhh!!! That one I even tried to kill myself, but those buggers are so elusive I couldn't smash it and it disappeared. He reappeared a couple days later when Brent got back, so he got to tackle that one. After that we didn't see any more cockroaches for a couple weeks, so I was starting to let my guard down again--until last night. I was fast asleep in my bed, minding my own business, in the middle of a dream that I can't remember, when I felt something fluttery on my arm--I brushed at it sort of in my sleep. Then it dawned on me that it might have been a bug. I turned on the lamp and sure enough, there was a large cockroach on our wall close to our bed that had just been perched on my arm. Ughh!! Brent saved the day again and killed it with his shoe, but I had one hard time falling asleep after that!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yikes! That brings back memories from when we lived in Georgia!

You might want to ask your landlord to spray....

Brent and Janae Pickett said...

They said that they sprayed about a month ago. That's when all the roaches started showing up. :(

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones